Tuesday, December 4, 2007

++1 John 2:15-17++

"Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever."


That is a verse that I read every day. I constantly remind myself of this. It is so easy to get sucked into the pressures of the world, to have the "you only live once" mentality. To do what feels good now. The world tells us so many lies. That we have to look a specific way, drink to have fun, have lots of money, not value marriage, etc. So many people give into these pressures because they care way too much about what people think of them and/or they are only looking to make themselves feel good. They are all lies though, they go against what the Bible says, they go against the Word of the only person we should be trying to impress. I will not give into these pressures because like the verse says the world is fading fast. The only person I want to impress is God. He was not selfish when He gave His only Son to die for my sins. He was not selfish when He gave me my life, so I will not be selfish by trying to just live for me and what makes me "feel good." I'm going to be spending a whole lot more time with Him than with this world. And I love Him a whole lot more. Lastly, unlike the world, He wants what's best for me now and forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Spoken Words . . . I Agree. Our Society tries to sell us Life and Love in sound bites. We recieve messages about what life and love should be from Magazines, Commercials, etc. But the true meaning of Life and Love comes from having an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jim Evans said...

The great thing about what God is doing in your life will become even more evident as you look over your shoulder and see who God is impacting through you.
Great stuff Heather!