Friday, December 14, 2007

When life gets hard

"God is in the business of strategically positioning us in the right place at the right time. But the right place often seems like the wrong place, and the right time often seems like the wrong time."

This is from the book I am reading "In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson. Sometimes we get in these situations where we are like how did I get here and how in the world is this going to help me in anyway. We just don't understand how any good can come from it. But God does not make mistakes. I believe He doesn't waste anything. Every single thing that happens to us will be used in one way or another in the future. The hardest and most painful things I have gone through have made me who I am today and I am a better person for it. In some situations it was so hard and I didn't know how I would ever get through, life felt like it was over. If I would have only known that one day it would be used for good maybe I would have endured it better, maybe not though. When we go through rough times it seems all we can focus on is the bad. I don't think God wants us to feel sorry for ourselves though, I think He wants us to rejoice because we are in the process of being grown by GOD!!!! So right now I vow that the next time I am going through a really hard time I am going to come and read this blog =] I don't think we can hear this enough because we tend to forget when our emotions get the best of us.

2 comments:

Jim Evans said...

Great stuff Heather! I've read the book too. God does call us to go beyond what our natural tendencies tell us. Keep on growing. Our student girls are very blessed to have you as a model.

Anonymous said...

Great work.