Monday, November 19, 2007

First blog

Ooo my first blog! I'm not really sure who will read this except for my husband :) Well it's Monday morning and I'm back at work after being in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for a week. Nothing better then getting welcomed back by a big pile of work to catch up on! It's good to be busy though! Anyway, Cabo was amazing. Lead222 provided the trip for us. They are a network of student pastors and they absolutely amaze me. I met some incredible people that I hope to get to know better in the future! It was so nice to be around other women married to men in ministry, especially ones who have been at it much longer than me that can give me advice. Being in Mexico gave Chris and I a chance to refocus on God and each other. I can't even explain how awesome it was. I think the biggest thing I took from the trip was that I need to focus on NOW.... appreciating the beauty in the small things. It's easy to not even notice the amazing events going on around you because you are so wrapped up in planning for the future. I'm taking the advice of a wonderful woman I met last week and I'm going to keep a journal of every moment that really stands out to me. One of the first ones I wrote down was yesterday when I got to church the people who welcomed me back so warmly :) I was only gone a week but I was told how much I was missed and people genuinely wanting to know how the trip was! How beautiful is it to have friends like that. I could have missed how awesome that moment was if I had been focused on something else. Well I have to get back to the pile... God bless!

1 comment:

Jim Evans said...

Way to go Heather!! Welcome to the world of blogging. You will grow and be blessed as you continue, and you will be a blessing to many others. You really were missed. Your hubby was too. :-)