Wednesday, November 9, 2011




I always see WIAW on other blogs I follow but until now have not actually participated!

I started the day with a smoothie. I can't even remember the last time I had something different for breakfast... what can I say I am addicted to them! Quick, easy and tasty!


1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, a frozen banana, a handful of frozen mixed fruit (pineapple, strawberry, peach and mango), 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder and a couple ice cubes! Delish!

Lunch was Creamy Southwestern Pumpkin Soup and an orange. I am going to a Soup Swap this weekend so I had to test this recipe out before I make 6 quarts of it! I think it's a winner!

Here is the recipe for anyone interested:


My snack was a Clif bar and chia seeds in preparation for my trail run. The Clif bar was not as good as I thought it would be, oh well!

Dinner was another salad monster. Mixed greens, pico de gallo, avocado,white kidney beans, pecans, chicken and balsamic vinegar.

I drank 4 tablespoons of this today (2 before breakfast and 2 before dinner).



Apparently there are some pretty incredible health benefits, my favorite being a flatter tummy!So I said what the heck Ill try it. I honestly like the taste of it so I have nothing to lose!

My workout for the day was the trail run I mentioned. Me, my husband, and some friends are going a 5 mile trail race this Saturday and wanted to check out the course! I think we ended off course a good bit but it was a good run, about 3.5 miles.

Well there you have it =]

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm not a huge fan of Clif bars but I got kind of excited when I saw that there is a Pumpkin flavor. Sad to hear it's not very good though. Have you ever tried Power Bar Harvest Energy? The nutrition stats are almost identical to Clifs but they taste so much better. Have a good day!

Heather Gastardi said...

Mmm no I have not tried any of the Power Bars.. I will have to look into that, thanks! I like Clif bars but I just thought the Pumpkin would be better, ya know? I prefer the White Chocolate Macadamia.. yum!

Ali Mc said...

these look like great eats. I love clif bars. I think they taste better than most energy/protein bars