Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finally an excuse to take pictures of my food!

So I have always liked to take random pictures of my food...up until now it was a little weird but on Healthy Living Blogs it is completely acceptable! I didn't take a picture of the smoothie I had yesterday for breakfast but it was a mixture of almond milk, PB2, chia seeds, vanilla, ovaltine, frozen banana and oatmeal.... and very delicious I must say! I mix all the ingredients except the banana and keep it in the fridge overnight and in the morning I throw it in the blender with the banana. It makes a very thick delicious smoothie that I actually like to eat in a bowl with a spoon. That was consumed after an early morning run before work with my hubbie on the university campus that we live near and also work at. So for lunch I had a salad that I was looking forward to all day. Have you had Panera's Strawberry Poppy Seed and Chicken Salad? Mmm it is so good but its about 9 bucks so I decided to make my own. I was quite happy with how it turned out!



Dinner was quite delicious as well. I am lucky enough to married to a man who loves to cook and is very good at it. We have been craving Cuban food (he is part Cuban) so he decided to make his own and the result was AMAZING!! The picture doesn't do it justice but trustttttt me it was delish!



So that's it for the food pictures from yesterday, everything else I ate was not nearly as interesting! So on another note I am reading two running books right now and I am loving both!!




Apparently every runner should read these so since I "want 2 b" a runner I figured I should probably read them. I am a total book worm so if anyone reading this (Mom? Chris? lol!) has any recommendations on running books, let me know! I already read Kara Goucher's book btw.
So yesterday I had kind of a reality check. I realized that despite all the running I have been doing I am not getting the results that I want. I try to weight train a couple days a week but I am definitely not as diligent as a I should be. My biggest problem area is my lower body (booty and thighs specifically!) so I am going to start incorporating more lunges and squats. So this morning I woke up early and did the P90X legs workout. I am going to try to do this at least once a week. It's tough so I know it's good! I think doing more runs with hills will also help with my "problem areas"! I also plan to do at least 3 miles on the treadmill after work!

Welp that's all for now!! Have an awesome day!!!

No comments: